Sunday 17 March 2013

Commisioning Ironman Suits

Well its been a while since I posted on this blog, as I am mainly commandeering my other blog "Life of a Hellenic Pagan blogspot", which is mainly aimed at my Hellenic Pagan religious practices. But this blog is mainly where all my non- religious stuff goes, (mainly warhammer stuff , but other "stuff" too) . So last year i did some commission work for a friend of mine who wanted to have an Iron man Suit repainted in a darkpurple almost balck colour. So of course i immediately jumped at the chance as I loved painting and what better model to do it on than an Ironman suit because it's so versatile and the themes and colours are so vast it just well..awesome , So here is the Purple black Ironman suit Before, Primed and After shots:

Ironman Stealth Suit 
This is the model in his original "Stealth suit" , as you can see the colouring isn't al that great to begin with. I had to attach teh model to a paint pot with blue tac so that it would be held steady when it came to priming him with my Gamesworkdshop Citadel Black primer paint. What i really loved about this model is the amount of detail and the ridges too which made it look quite Tron like.


"Primed" ironman suit
 On the right here is the same model but with the black Citadel  "Black Chaos" primer spray paint. I had to prime it twice to get a smooth matt finish and to speed up the drying process I used a hairdryer on a cool setting so it didn't melt the model.  I tried to make the coats of primer as thin as possible to avoid "pooling" in the indentations of the armour. i think it looked pretty badass if I do say so myself. I could've left it black , but what the customer wants, the customer gets right?!!










and below  is the final Product. Not too bad if i do say so myself, although to really appreciate the colour purple you have to hold it up to the light as in shadow it just looks completely black. but can you see what i did to the ridges to give it that Tron likesque to the model? yeah I painted the inside ridges in purple and painted his hand arc reactors and chest piece white with a slight border of bright yellow to give it that glowy effect! It looks totally awesome right ?

Finished Product


So I hoped you enjoyed this Ironmanpost, coz next time you may be surprised at the next ironman post so tune in next time. Till then amigos and May the Gods bless you


No comments:

Post a Comment